Global U helps students like you experience another culture and gain awareness of the world that exists outside of your hometown. We provide you with a culturally immersive experience instead of the traditional “Educational Tour”, which has become nothing more than a tour bus vacation, spending three hours in transit, being rushed in and out of the cities you want to see. Instead of watching scenes flash by your bus window, travel with Global U and have a genuinely comprehensive experience of a different culture.
You will have numerous opportunities to interact with people and cultures from around the world. In doing so, we hope you will foster Global U citizenship and further the Cambridge Network’s mission: “To expand human perspectives and world harmony through education.” You are our Cultural Attache’. Imagine being an intern for a day at a Fortune 500 company in France or staying with a family in China or learning how to cook while in Italy, all of that and more is possible with Global U!
Most of our trips give you the chance to work alongside locals as you earn service learning hours, practice a new language as you walk through the markets on your way to a cooking class or live with a family in order to understand their daily routine and how it compares to your life back home.
We understand that traveling abroad while exciting, can also require a lot of planning. That’s where we come in. Prior to your trip, you can expect to receive a pre departure guide which includes a detailed itinerary, to-do/packing list, and country information guide. These materials will help you prepare so you can spend less time stressing and look forward to your cultural adventure.
Here at Global U we understand the importance of broadening your global perspective. With this, we also understand the financial burden that a trip can put on families and students like you. Not to worry, we have an installment plan that allows your family to make payments overtime.
At Global U, we provide experiential learning opportunities and cultural immersion for students. We do so in the way we plan and shape our trips. To give you an idea, check out what a day on tour with Global U would entail.
A Typical Day on Tour (Generic bus trips)
- Wake up & grab breakfast at the hotel
- Get on the bus with 50 other kids for a 45 minute trip into the heart of the city
- Wait in line to visit a well known site, stay close to your tour guide so you can ask questions
- Eat at a local restaurant that serves meals you eat at home
- Get back on the bus and wait in line for your afternoon site seeing
- Get back on the bus and head back to your hotel for dinner
- Stay in the hotel because there’s really nothing to see this far out of the city or in the area you are staying in
- Head to bed with three other students in your room
- Unfortunately, you cannot make a change for tomorrow as there are too many others on the bus
- Wake up and repeat for the duration of your trip unless you paid one of the optional fees for something special
The Global U Difference
- Wake up to a hearty breakfast at your hotel or wake up to a home cooked meal with a local family before beginning your day
- Join your guide and the rest of your private group downstairs and walk out into the heart of the city as your Global U experience begins in a far off land or meet your group after breakfast
- Today you could be seeing a site, but hopefully not waiting in line with our “Skip the Line service” at various popular spots
- You could be interning for the day at Coca Cola, JP Morgan Chase or other companies
- You could be earning service learning credits towards a Global Competency Certificate from www.KLEducation.com
- Lunch will be served at a local restaurant or perhaps set up a picnic in a park you biked to after shopping in a local market
- The afternoon you might continue your morning activities or take in a cooking class, Gladiator school or one of many local traditions that will get you further involved in the local community
- Dinner might be something you prepared, your host family prepared or at a local hot spot where you’re able to sit with and talk to locals and exchange thoughts, ideas and perhaps gain a greater understanding of their culture through the shared experience of your Global U day
- Spend night with host family or with your roommate knowing that tomorrow you will learn even more than today and the fun has now become immeasurable